Did you know that if you are low income or if you are unemployed then you can qualify to have your court fees waived? For some reason many courthouses do their best to keep this a secret so they can squeeze out of you the $408 filing fee that you can barely afford. The application for determination of civil indigent status is a short one page form that basically states that you can't afford to pay the court filing fees because of your low income and high expenses. 

According to the Florida statute " An applicant, including an applicant who is a minor or an adult tax-dependent person, is indigent if the applicant’s income is equal to or below 200 percent of the then-current federal poverty guidelines prescribed for the size of the household of the applicant by the United States Department of Health and Human Services. Normally if your a single person and if you make less than $2000 per month then you should qualify to get the court fees waived. The court also considers how many dependents you have so the more dependents you have then the more you can make above the $2000 per month mark. They also take into consideration if you have any assets. for example according to the Florida statutes:

There is a presumption that the applicant is not indigent if the applicant owns, or has equity in, any intangible or tangible personal property or real property or the expectancy of an interest in any such property having a net equity value of $2,500 or more, excluding the value of the person’s homestead and one vehicle having a net value not exceeding $5,000.

So basically if your like the average Joe who doesn't make much money per month and don't have any valuable assets then you can take advantage of the indigent status application. The application is free to get and it wont delay the divorce process. If you would like a copy of this application then please use this link:

If you need assistance with filling out this application we automatically include it with our services. Trust me, this application may seem simple but if you screw it up the clerk will quickly deny your application and you will then have to pay the filing fee of $408. So let us handle your civil indigent application so it could be one less thing that you will have to worry about.