Filing for divorce without an attorney can be very frustrating and confusing. The amount of forms needed for a divorce is quite ridiculous if you ask me. But I guess they all serve a purpose and are meant for your best interest.
- In order to file your own divorce pro-se (without an attorney) you will need to either purchase a divorce packet from the courthouse or download the Florida Divorce forms online (you can actually find them for free).
- Once you have your divorce packet filled out you must sign and notarize your documents.
- You must make 2 copies and have 1 original of all the documents.
- Take your documents to the courthouse and file your divorce. A filing fee of $408 will be charged unless you apply and qualify for free court cost (We can help you with this is you use our services). Note: If you live in Miami-Dade County you must make an appointment with the self-help department and have your documents reviewed before you can file your divorce.
- Once your case is filed you will have to wait for a final hearing to be set.
- Once you get a final hearing date you will need to attend the hearing (normally only the person who files the divorce will be required to appear in court).
- At the hearing the judge will grant your divorce and everything will be finalized (unless your spouse decides to contest the divorce).